Wednesday, March 11, 2015

My eBay Adventure Update - A Few Surprising Sales


In the short time I have been selling on eBay, several items have surprised me for selling at a fairly higher price than expected.  That being said, I have had a lot of items which I thought would sell and haven't.
It is always the item you are tempted to just throw away because it's ugly and no one would ever want it.  Tell that to a teeny tiny figurine...Dresden Martha Budich Lace Porcelain Dancing Figurine Lady.  Made in Germany, this little 4" tall gal sold for $37.00 almost immediately.  Say whaaat??!!  I had no idea.  I found her in a box of random items I purchased at an auction.  She was not damaged at all from rolling around in that box of junk.  I paid around $10 for the whole box which had me coming out on top right from the get go!  In case you want to be nosy, check out my eBay.



Another fast seller?  A character head or "mask" from Legends Productions Co. in England - Pope John Paul II.  I placed it on a 7 day auction and had a bid immediately.  Sold for 39.99 and I paid $13.50 for it.  Not too shabby!



Currently I have a pair of small Japanese floral vases.  They are Sato Cloisonné, which I recently discovered are the cat's pajamas. 



 I found these in another box I purchased from an auction. Since I did not pay a lot for the box of items, I was not too worried about making a fortune but rather wanted to price it lower and see how high it would get.  My starting bid was $19.99.  Within 2 minutes of having it listed, I had 2 watchers.  After 30 minutes the vases already had a bid.  I enjoy the excitement of people bidding on my item and not knowing how high it will get!

This has been a great learning experience and great way to get rid of items that would not sell as well in my new shop, The Hobbit House.  All 3 of these items would not sell as high in a regular shop.  I doubt anyone would walk in and want to buy that small lady dancing figurine for nearly $40.  But who knows...I am still learning as I go!  Have any BOLO's (be on the look out) to share?  What sells well for you on eBay?  Sharing is caring!  Wish me luck on my vases...  Maybe they will make me super rich and I can quit my day job of selling rocks.  Yeah, right, and monkeys may fly out of my...well you get it.



No comments:

Post a Comment