Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Kitsch Is The Shizz

  1. Kitsch (/ˈkɪtʃ/; loanword from German) is a low-brow style of mass-produced art or design using popular or cultural icons. Kitsch generally includes unsubstantial or gaudy works or decoration, or works that are calculated to have popular appeal.
  2. A cat wearing people clothes...what a delight!

  3. The 3 C's - Cats, Crochet, Colors




    I cannot get enough of this "ugly" style!  I have always been attracted to this gaudy decor. 

    Animal figures, crazy wall plaques, chalkware, trivets with weird sayings, granny square quilts, shag carpet, planters, clocks...
  4. An amazing table and cool rooster stuff. 



    Kitsch is my weakness.  The uglier...the better!  It certainly isn't for everyone but it has always been for me.  
    Chalkware? Yes please!!



    When I see a hideous wall plaque of a cat at a garage sale, my heart starts pounding.  Even kitchenware such as plates, cups, sugar bowls, and creamers make me go into a junk frenzy.  There is just something about these tasty pieces of decor.  I even dig the crazy far out colors!

  5. Sassy and classy trivet.

        
    I am addicted to kitsch and I just don't care who knows it!  








No comments:

Post a Comment